Digital Designer Jobs Bournemouth
We’re looking for a highly creative and organised middleweight digital designer with at least 2-3 years professional experience in web and print to join our busy design team in our beautiful studio in sunny Bournemouth.
What will you be responsible for as middleweight digital designer?
- Being the lead role in creating website / digital concepts and designs
- Concepting & design of all digital interfaces & processes
- Creating stunning web designs that are not only beautiful but are usable and deliver results for our clients.
- Managing juicy’s own brand look, feel & material production on & offline
- Maintaining existing client relationships and their web design needs.
- Managing development teams on updates to existing and new websites.
- You’ll need to be able to work on your own as well as with the design team, helping to provide creative results from concept through to completion.
- Working closely with our development teams to make sure your designs are pixel perfect and flawless.
- We don’t like things going out the door that aren’t quite perfect – You’ll need to have great attention to detail and be passionate about everything being spot on.
- You will also be creating designs for print, anything from Direct Marketing material through to brand identities to glossy brochures.
- We also need you to be accomplished in all the major software programmes (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop).
- Be passionate about design, usability and understand the needs of the client and their target audience.
What will you be like?
- Well organised with strong communication skills.
- You’ll be a real people person and aim to please; you love being part of a team and are comfortable in front of clients and talking on the phone.
- Strong interest in web design, usability, design trends on and offline.
- Always keen to learn new skills and increase your knowledge base.
- A Team player.
What experience will you have?
- Minimum 2-3 years Agency experience working on Print and digital projects (including websites / apps / mobile etc)
- Design Degree or equivalent.
- Eyes like a hawk with brilliant attention to detail.
- Able to take a brief from concept right through to competition.
- Some knowledge/understanding of HTML and CSS a must.
- Experience creating stunning usable websites
- Experience in creating brand identities and printed material such as brochures and DM.
Why work as a digital designer at juicy?
- Juicy are a small and expanding, fun and hardworking digital agency based in the centre of Bournemouth.
- We’ve been running for over 9 years : we’ve got history, we’ve got great clients and a great team. As we continue to grow, we’d like some new team members to join us on our journey!
- Our culture & values are very important to us, it’s what makes us ‘us’ and why clients like working with us. Here’s a bit about that.
- Health & fitness are important to us, it’s part of the balance, healthy in body & healthy in mind equals healthy work environment. We’re friendly, down to earth and quietly confident would be fair to say.
- We make complicated things simple. We’re efficient and effective. You’ll need to understand & apply 80:20.
- We take ownership of problems, talk with each other and find positive resolutions quickly.
- We always, always, always do what we say we’re going to do. Integrity is juicy’s most important value. Ultimately our clients achieve great outcomes and that makes us feel a little bit warm & happy inside. They become our friends and we have long lasting relationships.
- Our location is intrinsic to our culture- we love and live by the sea, not confined by the ‘big smoke’ so our ideas are as fresh as the seaside air.
What’s different about juicy to other agencies?
- Because we’re a small and dynamic team you will have the opportunity to really make a difference to the company giving you more opportunities and experience to grow and learn.
- We have a beautiful studio conveniently located to town: we’re close to the shops, close to the beach, and do not fear, if it’s not sunny outside we have our own tropical beach inside the office!
- We don’t play “who can stay the latest”: we work hard in the time we’re here, and we work smart to mean we can all enjoy a life outside work too. It’s generally a start early, finish early mind-set.
- Something not working, then change it mentality. It’s your company & your office too.
- We’re made up of a team who are genuinely good at what they do, passionate and inspirational. Some of us are mildly amusing 😉
This is a tough role to fill. If you’re passionate, driven, smart and brilliant then you should get in touch.
Please send a your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to your personal portfolio, presentations or blog posts are essential.
NO AGENCIES – THAT MEANS NO AGENCIES… SO PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT US IF YOU ARE ONE AS WE DO NOT USE YOU…. EVER!