Looks like you are already part of our family!
Don’t worry, there will be a new juicybits edition out soon.
Browsing through webpages these days and it becomes quickly evident that everyone is blogging about everything.
Whether it’s the two for one deal your mate got on kidney beans this weekend through “micro blogging” on twitter or the lengthy intrinsic nature of the theory of relativity you’ve stumbled upon in a chrome blog search. Everyone’s at it.
Q. So is this purely our society’s contemporary form of mass self-expression or a cleverly honed marketing trick that your site could well be missing out on? A. We’d say it’s a bit of both… and here’s some quickies outlining why?
1) Blogging allows you to communicate to your clients, the public and your competition. With all companies communication is key- your blog will allow you to express ideas, create individualism from the others in your field and also sell yourselves!
2) The “Blogging” phenomena falls under the bracket of “SMO” This quick to lift off Social Media Optimisation is big business these days; link your blog to a Twitter, Facebook, Linked in, and Squidoo lens account and bam you’re up with the inbound links and not being smothered by the competition who’ve been at it since the beginning.
3) Push some decent content in your posts (both relevant and fresh) this will increase the frequency at which the search engine family (Google, Bing, and Yahoo) crawl your site. Increase in site crawls = greater opportunity for improvement in search engine ranking.
4) For a web user it heightens the interactivity of your site, creating different dimensions aside from the “buy me” message. Users can respond, comment and link to your opinions. This opportunity for some quality feedback is surely invaluable?
5) Blog Updates are simple, effective and easy to control for even those who aren’t techno whizz’s…soon to replace the good old pen and paper.
6) As highlighted in a blog by Mario Sundar (far more eloquent a writer than I) - The process of writing a blog offers the challenge of organising your thoughts within areas you are passionate about. Check his posts here.
If you’re looking at updating your site to incorporate a blog, or know it’s time to assess how your site performs against the competition within the SEO rankings then get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.